Friday, November 11, 2005

God Bless the Veterans

I was going to bed, but I have to post something for our Veterans, even
if none of them see it.

I have never served in a military unit. I have never had to. My father
never served in a military unit. He never had to. In most of the
world, this is an impossibility. America is truly a blessed land,
blessed above all other nations. And just as I have not earned the
freedom I enjoy, but receive it from others who gave it to me freely
along with their lives, so it is not because of my personal goodness
that our country was founded in freedom. But make no mistake, freedom
comes only though moral goodness and through the blood of sacrifice.

I would love to say that I know I would be willing to do as they have
done. I can't. I won't know until my time comes. All I can say is
that I am willing to try to do as they have done, whatever that takes.
And I will try to be good, as those before me were. I will do what I
can to pass to my children those blessings given to me.

In the meantime, I will be grateful to them for what they did for us.
We all should be.

Thank you, gentlemen. We salute you.

Cj