Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday Potpourri

A smattering of interesting things.  Well, I think they're interesting.

The yield curve inversion continues to deepen.  The gap between the 2-year and the 5-year bond is now .05% - in the wrong direction.  There's no way there's more inflation risk on a 2-year bond than a 5-year bond, but hey, that's where we are.  Even the 10-year is lower than the 2-year.  This explains why 30-year fixed rates are the same as 3-year ARM rates.

Fantastic post by John Lockwood, REALTOR, in Sacramento, about why your house isn't selling.  His blog is great, and I thoroughly recommend it (we blogroll it on the right-hand side of this page).

Utah football is not my favorite program.  This needs to be said.  But I enjoyed every second of their massive demolition of Georgia Tech yesterday.  That makes 5 straight bowl wins for the Utes, and credit where credit is due.  They know how to pull this stuff off.

Powerline is a political blog, but occasionally they post economic news that is of value, and this is just such an article.  A good economy, while it isn't necessarily good for mortgage rates, is good for the mortgage business, because more money in your pocket means better deals in the market.  Really, it's all about you.

Wednesday was my 15th anniversary, and I have to recommend both marriage and the Melting Pot restaurant in Salt Lake City.  It's a fondue restaurant, and believe you me, we learned some great stuff about fondue done the right way.  Ask for Kourtney as your server.  You won't regret it.

You'll likely never read this, J, but you are still and always the best thing that's ever happened to me.  And so far, the second 15 years is even better than the first 15.  I didn't think that was possible.  It must be you.

Cj