Thursday, February 15, 2007

Harry Rodas Exposes

For those more interested in lighter, not-necessarily-mortgage blogging, I direct you to my post on the Chris Jones Group Blog about the four recent holidays we've passed through.

But here, I'm going to talk about title issues.

Harry Rodas, Realtor extraordinaire, recently blogged about a title insurance issue that I think needs more emphasis. There are certainly a large number of documents to sign with regard to any closing of a transaction. Reading all these documents is time-consuming and incredibly boring. Nevertheless, if you are buying or selling any piece of real estate either you need to read all the documents or you need a professional who has read them. I recommend reading them yourself, but good mortgage and real-estate professionals - and good title people - will be happy to walk you through them.

For me, I rely on Harry to know everything there is to know about how real-estate transactions work, and what the laws and protections are for my clients. It's one of the reasons I love to work with Harry. I perform the same service with my clients about how mortgages work. Get help. You won't regret it.